3 simple tips that helped me to become a confident English speaker

3 simple tips that helped me to become a confident English speaker
3 simple tips that helped me to become a confident English speaker

If you have read my last article, you already know how your unconscious mind has a big role to play in helping you speaking in English.

This is because when you learn a new language ( specifically a language that people around you don’t use), you need to build an environment around you that can make life easier for you to improve your English skills.

So, to make my last article more functional & transparent, I’ll be telling you some tips or activities that have actually helped me in improving my speaking skills.

Tip Number 1: Speak English with at least one Fluent English speaker

If you want to improve your writing skills, you need to write a lot & if you want to improve your speaking skills, you need to speak a lot. You must have already heard this numerous times. Just one person for you to speak in English and you’re good to go.

There was a time when I had no one around to speak English with. Rarely I used English for conversation & what I realized was my speaking skills began deteriorating. I started losing confidence. It is important to have a conversation in English once a day. You can form your own group or take the help of mobile applications. There are several English-speaking practice platforms available today. ‘

Go for the right one!

Tip Number 2: Focus on Conversational English

A mistake that I had made during my initial stages was focusing more on reading, writing & listening to English.

I spent a major portion of my time doing the traditional method of learning English. Though it has its own pros I actually began to improve when I started focusing more on Conversational English. It is very clear that — Learning fancy English words cannot help you become a fluent communicator. The simpler your words are to express your ideas and opinions, the easier you will become to understand.

Tip 3: If you fumble, take a break & find the right word

Look, it is very obvious that when you speak, you skip words or start to miss the right word. Because you’re not a native English speaker. So the next time the same thing happens, instead of getting embarrassed by your mistakes- Find the right word. It is the best habit to get into. You make a mistake, you correct it & boom! You improve yourself.

Relax, it's just a language. And you will make mistakes & learn from them.

Google them about it or ask the person whom you are talking to. I know you cannot ask every person you talk to. But if you are comfortable with the person, you must go for it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments